Good Reason Houston is seeking a Manager of Family and Community Engagement who is a dedicated community organizer and driven relationship-builder. The Manager of Family and Community Engagement will support the mission and work of Good Reason Houston by contributing and executing on the vision for family and community engagement.
ABOUT GOOD REASON HOUSTON
Good Reason Houston’s vision is that every child, in every neighborhood, excels in a
world-class public school and thrives in the Houston of tomorrow. To grow more great schools in every neighborhood in Houston, the organization focuses on four key strategic levers:
- Driving System Innovation
- Developing Game-changing Educators
- Advancing Equitable Access
- Engaging the Community
- Organizing and Stakeholder Engagement
- Identify opportunities to gather input from families and the community on their vision for education, and use that input to actively inform and revise Good Reason Houston’s priorities. These opportunities should reflect the diversity of the families and communities for which we work.
- Relay the vision, goals, and work of Good Reason Houston to families, key community members and organizations, including school districts, community facing non-profits, and teachers.
- Map out key community relationships and their potential to create leverage for Good Reason Houston’s mission to increase the number of children succeeding in school today and in the workforce tomorrow.
- Support school districts in evaluating and improving their parent engagement operations, create toolkits and trainings for district personnel, and train key family engagement personnel in targeted school districts.
- At least 3 years of work experience in community engagement and organizing.
- Passionate about the mission, vision, and goals of Good Reason Houston and how this position contributes to the organization’s success.
- Experience working for a funder or other philanthropic ventures a plus.
- A proven track record of working across lines of difference in a way that promotes equity, inclusion, and achieves results.
- Strong ties in the Houston community preferred. In lieu of deep Houston ties, a proven track record of quickly integrating into a new community in order to meet lofty goals and facilitate change.
- Education or school-based organizing experience is encouraged.
- A collaborative decision-maker, with the ability to consider multiple perspectives to approaching a problem before recommending a solution.
- A people-oriented person, who enjoys listening to others, attempting to understand their motivations, and successfully working with a range of people from diverse backgrounds to achieve “win-win” outcomes.
- Highly organized, with the ability to successfully prioritize tasks and produce quality-work in a deadline driven environment.
- Flexibility and the ability to be comfortable with ambiguity.