Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a Math Curriculum Project Specialist. This position will be responsible for working closely with the math leadership team as well as the larger math team, curriculum and instruction team and all stakeholders in support of all curriculum, professional development and assessment projects. About Us
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of "challenging each child to achieve..." and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 400 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.Your Role
- Curriculum: Create efficient systems, provide support and communication to all stakeholders, and ensure quality for all mathematics curriculum resources.
- Professional Development: Lead the creation of efficient systems to ensure all printed materials, physical materials, and logistics are organized and completed to the highest quality for all events including regionals, dean professional developments, new teacher summit, principal series and leadership summit.
- Assessment: Create efficient systems, provide support and communication to all stakeholders, and ensure quality for all mathematics assessments.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation; develop a detailed project plan to track progress and develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Along with ensuring all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Research all state specific requirements and the impact on the mathematics curriculum and assessments. Lead the creation of systems and process to create state by state adjustments when necessary for curriculum and assessments.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage the relationships with all stakeholders
- Collaborate and support all senior content leaders and interns to ensure completion of projects
- Support other projects and initiatives as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Education
- 3-5 years of professional work experience, teaching experience is preferred
- Background in mathematics education
- Excellent communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Ability to use technology fluently
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ablility to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel occasionally, as required
To learn more about our core values, please click here
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.