City Year Chicago is seeking a talented individual to join our internal Evaluation and Impact Analytics team as a Manager, reporting to the Director of Impact Analytics. The Impact Analytics team, together with the Learning & Development team and Student Success Coaching team, provide support services to members of the City Year Chicago staff team and all AmeriCorps members. For more information on City Year Chicago please visit: http://www.cityyear.org/chicago
This position will play a critical role by assisting the Director to ensure Impact Staff and AmeriCorps Members [ACMs] are trained in data collection practices and review protocols and to promote data fluency throughout City Year Chicago. Reporting to the Evaluation Director, the Evaluation and Impact Analytics Manager will work closely with members of the Evaluation and Service Teams to:
• Develop evaluation data systems and tools to capture outputs and outcome data
• Manage data collection processes with teams and provide training and technical assistance
• Manage Impact Analytics Coordinator (Senior AmeriCorps members) meetings and responsibilities
• Analyze data and create reports at different levels of aggregation
• Provide individualized supports as needed to teams regarding data usage and fluency
- Train AmeriCorps and Senior AmeriCorps members in data practices and provide ongoing support and coaching on impact outputs, data entry, and data usage.
- Train school-based staff in data practices and fluency and provide ongoing support to enable staff to implement our service model, while promoting data-driven decision-making.
Data Collection & Analysis (25%)
- Manage and support Impact staff and all AmeriCorps members through online survey distribution, administration, and collection.
- Support in data validation and ensure system set-up that will enable all students have necessary assessment data points in order to measure impact.
- Analyze results from multiple evaluation instruments to meet site and City Year Headquarters (CYHQ) reporting needs (e.g. reports for funders, AmeriCorps grants and reports).
Cross-Departmental Support (40%)
- Work with other departments to develop new system/s and policies to improve data collection, integrity, and dissemination of work.
- Support in the collection of data and/or service related stories of impact for Development and Marketing campaigns.
- Support the Learning and Development (L&D) team with enhancement and implementation of an L&D evaluation model to evaluate the effectiveness of AmeriCorps trainings.
- Support the Coaching Team with facilitation observation and coaching to improve delivery of new L&D model.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental committees to design evaluation systems, develop survey review protocol, and surface insights to improve our program.
- Support the Operations Team with logistics of training days to meet AmeriCorps Member needs.
- Respond to data requests from staff across the site and support with external evaluator work.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of K-12 data systems
- Comfortable with MS Office suite of software products, e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Data visualization experience preferred (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred. Minimum requirement: intermediate knowledge of Excel and willingness to learn new systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, training facilitation experience preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis software or programming language preferred. (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, minitab, SAS, etc.)
- Effective communication and organizational skills; must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Comfort with (and an interest in) collaborating and presenting information to internal and external audiences.
- Experience managing multiple projects or tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Belief in youth as agents of social change.
- City Year/AmeriCorps/Peace Corps experience is a plus
- Strong connection to City Year culture and values, for more information visit: https://www.cityyear.org/about-us/culture-values
A cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for this position. Preferred resume formats will depict not only a candidate’s responsibilities and job functions in previous work, but will include specific, quantitative results where applicable. Additional quantitative context around specific budget sizes, team sizes, or other work environment information will help City Year compare the scale of your work environment with our operations.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.