Position at IDEA Public Schools IDEA Public Schools
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We serve more than 50,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video. About our region: IDEA Greater Houston
was announced in 2017 and we are preparing to launch our first schools in less than one year. Houston is known for being one of the most diverse cities in America, yet children of color and children living in poverty continue to lack access to the highest quality schools.
Fully cognizant of the need across Greater HoustonIDEA Public Schools
will launch with a commitment to open our first four schools in 2020 and follow with an ambitious growth plan to grow to 20 schools by 2025-26 andultimately serve15,000 students once fully enrolled.About our school:
IDEA Spears is located in North Houston at 2010 Spears Road. The campus is North of Beltway 8 and West of I-45. We will launch our campus with K, 1 st , 2 nd and 6 th grade and grow a grade a year until we serve pK-12 th grade. The APO reports to the Academy and College Prep Principal. Role Mission:
Accountabilities 1. 100% Projected Enrollment for IDEA Spears in grades K, 1, 2, and 6 by the first day of school (FDOS)
- The Assistant Principal of Operations (APO) manages campus operations for each IDEA campus (two schools) and is responsible for achieving operational excellence across non-instructional areas, including front office management, student information systems, child nutrition, transportation, health services, business office, facility maintenance, new construction management, technology coordination, student recruitment and enrollment.
- Between November 2019 - May 2020, the primary responsibility of the APO is recruiting students and onboarding families with 50% of his/her spent time in the field canvassing, tabling and hosting campus enrollment and/or engagement events.
- In an effort to support families and achieve their goals, Assistant Principals of Operations work evenings and weekends and thrive in a fast paced environment.
2. 100% Operations Staff Hired by the first day of school / 85% Operations Staff Retention
- Develops and executes student recruitment efforts, in partnership with campus principals that target families with school-aged children in D & F elementary zones.
- Leads team to recruit new families with specific applicant goals per grade level--3:1 ratio (open grade levels) while ensuring applications are high quality and ultimately lead to enrollment
- Complies with all state, and organizational student registration requirements throughout the enrollment process (i.e. transfers, priority enrollment for 5-mile radius testing, etc.)
3. 100% of new parents have a successful onboarding experiene and enroll prior to the first day of school
- Responsible for ensuring top performers occupy every seat across all operations roles
- Implements operating mechanisms that facilitate the ongoing coaching and support of team members (check-ins, tacticals, regular observation and feedback sessions, high-quality talent review process and staff development cycle)
- Leverages the APO Priorities Calendar; routinely assesses team members based on progress toward goals as well as principal and HQ feedback; prioritizes support accordingly
4. Campus safe and operational one week before the first day of school
- Leads effort for 100% of all families accepted into the lottery to receive a home visit that inspires and compels families to accept the offer
- 90% of all families that receive a home visit post-lottery attend Welcome to IDEA
- 100% over-enrollment goal for summer registration in June
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- 5 average score on both the parent and staff BOY surveys
- ≥90 score on Beginning-of-Year quality scorecard
- Believes that every child deserves an education to be prepared to get to and through college
- Wants to be held accountable to ambitious goals
- Works with urgency
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks critical feedback to improve performance
- Operates as a partner to consistently solve problems
- Treats others how they want to be treated
- Year 0 APOs directly manage 3 staff members: receptionist, SIS coordinator, and business clerk and hire 5 additional staff members in the Spring prior to first day of school.
- Year 0 APOs will report to campus principals and receive coaching from a regional director of operations
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: Experience managing and developing a team to achieve ambitious results
- Experience effectively managing cross-functional priorities
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $75,000 and $83,400 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
- Monthly travel for fellowship professional development
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.