Under the supervision and guidance of the Director - Enrollment, Choice & Transfers, the Staff Associate - Enrollment, Choice and Transfers is responsible for managing and facilitating the district's school assignment and student enrollment processes - in accordance with the policies of the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners, CEO administrative regulations, and Maryland law and regulations - including school choice processes, pre-kindergarten/kindergarten enrollment, student transfers, residency determination, informal kinship care, tuition assessment, school entrance criteria, state-supervised care, and other related components.
- Coordinates, trains, and provides regular support for school-based staff, including enrollment officials and choice liaisons at elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Collaborates with key offices/teams throughout the district (Communications, Engagement, Information Technology, Special Education, Student Conduct & Attendance, New Initiatives, Student Wholeness, Differentiated Learning, Reengagement, Teaching& Learning, College & Career Readiness) to provide parents, students, schools, and other key stakeholders with timely and helpful information about the school choice process.
- Analyzes school choice participation and outcome data to determine success and further actions.
- Implements student enrollment and transfer plans, policies, and procedures.
- Meets with students and families to review and suggest school options.
- Provides direction to families and school staff on the district?s transfer requests.
- Processes student transfer applications.
- Verifies data provided on application forms and transfer requests.
- Finalizes school assignment decisions based upon Board policies recommendation for placement based on the Enrollment and Transfer Policy and placement of students.
- Resolves tuition concerns of non-resident students, including billing authorization and residency disputes.
- Manages compliance requirements at all levels ? local, state, and federal ? regarding school assignment and student enrollment.
- Maintains collaborative communications and working relationships with school, area, and district leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of current developments, legislation, literature, and technical sources of information relevant to student enrollment, school choice, and student transfers.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination polices; follows federal and state laws, school board policies, and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 81555.00
Minimum Salary 65908.00
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field from an accredited college or institution; Master?s degree preferred.
- Three to four years of proven experience in a related field (student/family counseling, admissions, enrollment management, marketing/sales, mediation/dispute resolution, student services, social work).
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience communicating and interacting effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds and all demographic communities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are needed to successfully present and present the district?s school portfolio to current and prospective families, including letters and professional reports
- Excellent project management, communications, customer service, decision making, presentation, time management, and organization skills.
- Proficient use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office applications, data management systems, and the ability and willingness to learn other applications as needed.
- Experience using enrollment management software, implementing student interventions and supports, conflict mediation/resolution, professional learning facilitation, or data analysis is preferred.
- Ability to respond to multiple requests and inquiries within a sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, strong ethical standards, ability to work with urgency, and a positive, flexible, high-energy attitude, with a drive for personal and collective excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain the trust and confidence of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and prudence in dealing with sensitive, confidential matters, and remain non-judgmental.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.