Position at IDEA Public Schools About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53 ,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college-ready . Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022. Role Mission:
IDEA Assistant Principals of Instruction (APIs) are instructional leaders who manage, coach and develop the teachers at their school to achieve ambitio us result s with students. They monitor the progress of students to ensure ALL students are on-track for college. Accountabilities include and are not limited to :
- 96% of students passing all classes (On Track to Graduate)
- 90% Approaching | 60% Meets | 30% Mastered on STAAR/EOC
- 60% of SpEd students attain "approaches" on STAAR
- 75% sub populations ( SpEd and/or ELL) meet Index 2 STAAR growth measure
- 90% Student Persistence
- 85% Teacher Retention
- 97.5% Average Daily Attendance for students
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Focus on IDEA's core purpose to get all students into college
- Hold high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Lead instructional staff to achieve measurable and ambitious results
- Lead instructional staff to improve their teaching quickly and measurably through daily observations, on-the-spot coaching, data conversations, and effective evaluations
- Supervise the implementation of TEKS based IDEA curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Review teachers' weekly lesson plans and provide feedback
- Synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies that achieve quantifiable goals
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and consistently reflect on past actions to guide future decisions
- Communicate students' progress with student and family
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve teacher development, student achievement and manage work related tasks.
- Support the creation and implementation of a clear and consistent behavior management system while developing students' character and sense of community
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Oversee campus based tutoring sessions
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
S upervisory Responsibilities:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of g oing to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Instructional coach and manage r to several teachers and/or co-teachers
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with direct reports to monitor progress towards student goals and provide coaching
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- At least 3 years of full time teaching experience
- Teacher leadership or administrative experience required
- Proven track record of achieving success in the K-12 setting
- E xperience managing/coaching others preferred
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned and ability to pass an IDEA content assessment
- Strong ability to coach teachers on curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
Salaries for this role typically fall between $58,884 and $75,077 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.