KIPP Texas Public Schools Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, San, TX Type:
Leadership & Support Staff Full Time/Part Time:
Full-Time Start Date:
Immediate Subject: Grade: Organization:
KIPP Texas Public SchoolsPreferred Locations: Contact: Email: JOB TITLE:
Director of Development OperationsABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!The Opportunity
The Director of Development Operations will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining systems that ensure the successful and effective implementation of the department's annual development plan. The successful candidate will be curious, driven, organized and a firm believer in the importance of quality data and systems management. The successful candidate will lead the Development Department in the understanding and use of current and emerging technology to enhance and improve fundraising efforts, and explores innovative and alternative technical solutions to automate fundraising and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will conceptualize and lead prospect identification initiatives such as peer screenings and data mining.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Oversee all reporting systems and processes for the Development team
- Creates key performance indicators and other markers to monitor and analyze fundraising results on an ongoing basis.
- Prospect research and analytical report generation along with implementation of the prospect/donor management process including identification, tracking and other processes.
- Researching specific individuals, corporations and foundations; preparing reports tailored to the needs of the fundraisers, and preparing in-depth reports on high-level donors and prospects and maintaining comprehensive files on prospects.
- Prepares performance reports to be shared with Board members and other key stakeholders.
- Creates reports on prospect information and collected research, integrating information from a variety of sources into a format designed for efficient review. Reports may include full bios, short summaries and other formats as requested.
- Work with Directors of Development to develop systems to track donor ratings, capacity, and background information
- Manages elements of the prospect identification, qualification, moves management and reporting processes, ensuring a robust pipeline of potential donors to support the general operating, programmatic and capital needs of the organization.
- Creates acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as needed.
- Manages workflow, determining priorities, and providing project management to supporting staff.
Prior experience in prospect research and fundraising operations, preferably in education or nonprofit organizations. Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization, with a strong customer service orientation, preferred. Maturity of judgment, high level of accuracy and close attention to detail, when managing various data driven projects, preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with online fundraising platform
- Experience creating systems to share information between databases
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a similar setting.
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.ABOUT KIPP
KIPP is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.