Responsible for the overall management, monitoring, and supervision of building care, preventative maintenance, and minor repair, and Stationary Engineering functions in a cluster of school and office buildings. Each cluster is comprised of approximately 22 school or office buildings.
- Oversees building care and engineering functions for school buildings and administrative offices to ensure that a functional, clean and attractive environment is provided for students, staff, and others.
- Ensures that school grounds are kept clean and free of trash and debris.
- Oversees preparation of contract documents for building maintenance and custodial services, and invoice payment process, and inventory control.
- Interacts with principals, community groups and other officials regarding concerns, emergencies and priority assignments.
- Oversees special operations service requirements, including pest management, graffiti removal, preventive maintenance, minor repairs, and contractual maintenance.
- Works closely with shop managers, contract maintenance managers, and health and safety manager to ensure that work is properly assigned.
- Attends monthly principals? meetings as requested.
- Leads assigned staff in working toward strategic long-term goals related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Manages budget for area of responsibility. Assists in development and monitoring time and expense project budgets. Manages project plans, work breakdown, structures, and schedules established to successfully complete projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Plans and controls staffing, and performs other human resources, finance, and payroll related functions for assigned employees.
- Manages assigned staff in the implementation and periodic evaluation of project plans and strategies to support the achievement of department?s goals and objectives.
- Provides appropriate supervision, mentoring, and professional growth and development opportunities to assigned staff. Such responsibilities include staff performance reviews and training programs.
- Ensures the provision of quality products and services. Leads staff in the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and documentation of quality and reliability improvement plans and procedures. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative improvement plans and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follow federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 85050.00
Minimum Salary 74550.00
- Bachelor?s degree in facility management, business/public administration or a related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Additional related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the education requirement.
- Five years of building operations and maintenance experience, including three years of supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to prepare a budget and control expenditures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of computer applications.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.