Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a IT Learning Technology Designer. This position will report directly to the Technology Customer Success Manager and will be responsible for working with business owners to identify performance gaps while maintaining and managing supported IT systems.About Us
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 80+ schools in 9 states. We are committed to our mission of "challenging each child to achieve..." and we pride ourselves on our students' ability to achieve high results in later education based on the foundations gained in grades K-8 at NHA.
In this role you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center is where all the behind-the-scenes magic happens. Our 400 brilliant team members are brag-worthy. With a diverse group of departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back-office support. The Service Center is a place of bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. We like to gather for events such as the fall crocktoberfest cook-off, the sparkling holiday party full of fun and unexplainable excitement, and our annual 5K Service Center fun run.Your Role
- Consult with subject matter experts to determine appropriate type of learning needed (eLearning, instructor-led, job aid, webinar, etc.) and needs-driven solutions.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Create materials to support subject matter experts, learning specialists, and participants in instructor-led, virtual, and blended learning programs. This could include job aids, demos, and simulations.
- Create storyboards, scripts, and course content for eLearning solutions.
- Assist with program evaluations and updates to programs and services.
- Responsible for relationship management which includes project management communication about needs, resources, and project issues in order to ensure optimal results.
- Perform task analysis and prioritize customer needs to guide creation of performance support for existing, upgraded, and new software for multiple audiences.
- Analyze usage of available performance support in tandem with technology support tickets and determine performance gaps to drive future content development.
- Leverage partnerships with project managers, business system analysts, administrators, and developers to ensure customers are successful with our technology.
- Create clear, concise communication that conveys complex information in a simple way to empower customers.
- Collaborate with partners and team to solicit user feedback to continuously improve learning opportunities and performance support.
- Ensure that the software meets business requirements and goals, fulfills user requirements, as well as identify and resolve systems issues. Establish system specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, accessing information, and designing system infrastructure.
- Recommend any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful system deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
- Work with software companies' consultants and other project team members to upgrade and enhance systems.
- Participate in the quality assurance process of purchased and developed solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Maintains system performance by performance system monitoring and analysis, as well as as ensuring performance tuning is executed. Also, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system management systems; designing and running system testing and maintaining documentation.
- Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the assigned system; partner with software companies to address issues within their systems.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in instructional design, e-learning development, or learning material development.
- Must have competency in: Microsoft Office, course and curriculum design with outlines and storyboards that meet traditional classroom, print, digital, mobile, web, and online training tied to a Learning Management System (LMS), social media applications, and/or continuous learning environments.
- Prefer expertise in adult learning and all aspects of instructional design for various formats, including instructor-led, elearning, mobile, and various types of performance support.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and elearning tools.
- Experience with staying abreast of industry trends, modern learning practices and technologies.
- Excellent organizational, communications, relationship and project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, manage heavy workloads, and prioritize tasks.
- Experience working with and/or on application development teams.
- Comfortable working with a range of employees from entry to executive level.
- Growth mindset
To learn more about our core values, please click here
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.