Related positions are contingent on board approval.
The Educational Specialist II - ESOL (Title I) is located in the office of Differentiated Learning and will support PK-12 English language development exclusively to Title I schools, including but not limited to assessments, curriculum, and professional development. This position will assist with the development and ongoing improvement of curriculum aligned to both the Maryland College and Career-Ready Standards and the WIDA Standards. They will work with partners and vendors to identify quality practices and resources as well as design professional development to support teaching and learning in the district.
- Supports the implementation of the Maryland College and Career-Ready Standards and WIDA standards.
- Supports the identification and service provisions for English learners in alignment with relevant state and district guidelines.
- Develops and delivers ongoing professional development around best practices in PK-12 English language development.
- Develops curriculum and assessments for PK-12 English language development.
- Uses data collected to strategically support the needs of teachers and Title I schools in the district.
- Develops and provides appropriate guidance and support for Title I schools and school leaders on best practices in English language development.
- Works collaboratively with a highly-motivated team from multiple offices to advance teaching and learning in the district.
- Stays up to date on current research and best practices in the area of PK-12 English language development content and pedagogy.
- Able to engage and utilize best practices to communicate effectively with multilingual parents and students.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills
Maximum Salary 100999.00
Minimum Salary 77059.00
- Master?s degree in ESOL Education or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Valid Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate with ESOL endorsement.
- Three years teaching experience in ESOL or bilingual education.
- Three years? experience developing and delivering professional development to teachers; urban experience preferred.
- Experience managing large scale projects.
- Knowledge of current research in PK-12 English language development/bilingual education best practices.
- Knowledge of the Maryland College and Career-Ready and WIDA Standards.
- Ability to lead and motivate a productive team of individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, rules, and policies.
- Proficient in the use of multiple computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, PD Tracking and reporting software, databases, and Online Professional Learning software.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors (PSASA) bargaining union.