Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director - Special Education, the Coordinator of Special Education Strategy provides oversight, project management and strategic support to the office of special education. The Coordinator will take lead on the dissemination of the special education strategy to ensure students are being educated in their least restrictive environment to narrow the achievement gap for students with disabilities.
- Defines the strategic approach for aligning local, state, federal, and funds in support of district and academic office specific initiatives.
- Provides direction and leadership to project plan and map out strategic development of the special education priorities.
- Collaborates with staff from the multiple district offices to plan, develop, and implement professional learning for school-based staff, parents and district level staff related to specially designed instruction.
- Ensures the implementation of special education strategy aligned with and operated within the confines of local, state, and federal policy requirements and regulations.
- Recommends enhancements and/or changes to programs and services to facilitate ongoing improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collects and analyzes racial disproportionality special education data to inform professional learning opportunities for school-based and central office staff.
- Provides equitable strategies to strengthen and shape outcomes for students with disabilities
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follow federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary 106548.00
Minimum Salary 82607.00
- Master?s degree in special education, education. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate in Special Education or related field (additional content area certification highly preferred).
- Five years of successful experience working as a within a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Experience in conducting professional staff development activities.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local special education mandates.
- Knowledge of organizational and operating procedures including the decision-making process, program planning, improvement strategies, and compliance.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team-building.
- Data analysis, problem analysis and quality decision making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors (PSASA) bargaining union.