KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The School Operations Team is focused on creating the conditions by which our schools can thrive by designing and leading efficient, safe, joyful, and just systems; working to remove obstacles to learning and find creative solutions to challenges to enable the highest level of teaching and learning; and providing best-in-class customer service to families and staff members to ensure they feel welcomed, cared for and a valued member of our community. The School Operations Manager (SOM) is a school based position that plays a central role in ensuring that students, families, and staff have the information and resources they need to succeed. SOMs primarily coordinate day-to-day operations systems and routines that allow the school to run seamlessly.Key ResponsibilitiesManages the day-to-day school based operations policies and procedures
Drives school based strategies to ensure kids are in seats
- Implements the Great 8 procedures such as arrival and dismissal
- Oversees daily busing operations for their school by processing changes, addressing challenges, and coordinating processes
- Coordinates with Child Nutrition day to day logistics of service such as meal card replacement and rosters
- Supports field lesson logistics by booking buses and ordering meals
- Schedules shared space
Maintains school inventory system and implements purchasing and accounting best practices
- Manages school event coordination such as Meet the Teacher Night and parent engagement sessions
- Curates any school based social media communications and postings
- Provides parent tours for prospective families
- Serve as a key ambassador to the school's larger community. Effectively build relationships with family, staff, and community stakeholders with compassion, direct communication, and reliability
Partners with School Support Partners (SSP) and vendors to ensure campus is well maintained and runs efficiently
- Purchases goods and services
- Codes invoices, collects fees, and prepares deposits
Manages and develops School Operations Associate towards excellence in their role and with an eye toward their long-term developmentQualifications
- Manages copier and teacher workroom supplies, troubleshoots copiers, trained on the copiers
- Manages any student technology program the school runs
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
- Strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Desire to continuously learn and evolve as a professional
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.