Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022. Role Mission:
IDEA Administrative Assistants provide clerical support to the principal(s), so that the principal can maximize his/her time due to reliable, efficient administrative support. By prioritized scheduling, streamlined communication, and thorough logistical preparation for events, the administrative assistant enables the principal(s) to maximize their impact in helping make college for all children a reality. What You'll Do -- Accountabilities
- Manage principal's correspondence, including answering incoming phone calls, emails, and letters
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Plan, prepare, and update principal's calendar
- Schedule events and plan logistics for meetings
- Reconcile credit cards and prepare monthly expense reports
- Other duties as they arise
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): None What You Bring -- Competencies: Qualifications:
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: High school diploma required, associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: 2+ years' experience working in an administrative support position
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
What We Offer Compensation:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Experience working in an administrative support position
- Ability to think proactively and work with minimal direction
- Ability to pleasantly communicate with all levels of staff and the public
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $14.56 for 0 years of experienceand $18.20.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com-muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable. To Apply
Please submit your application online through Jobvite . It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. It is recommended that you include a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in IDEA and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.