Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About Permian Basin
Permian Basin is a large region encompassing the majority of West Texas. When you think of the Permian Basin, think oil country, Friday Night Lights, sunny days, and gorgeous sunsets. The two major cities that IDEA Public Schools will serve are Midland and Odessa, located about 15 miles from each other and situated almost exactly halfway between El Paso and Fort Worth.
Though only 17% of residents have a college degree, the community is eager to innovate, partner, and transform the education system for the next generation of scholars. IDEA Public Schools is proud to launch in Permian Basin as a high-quality education opportunity for families, with a commitment to serve over 10,000 students at scale by launching 14 schools across Midland and Odessa. Role Mission:
Campus Technician will facilitate Technology Operations requests and initiatives at their assigned locations. They act as technology liaison from the Technology Operations department to the campus staff by providing technical support and expertise on site. The focus is to concentrate on the support and maintenance of the technology equipment, assist with campus issues and work on district technology projects and campus initiatives including trainings, registration, lab setups, inventory and staff computer deployment. Campus Technicians offer expertise, solutions, and technology advice to campus partners and work hand in hand with Assistant Principals of Operations to support instruction through highly-functional campus technology. What You'll Do - Accountabilities : 95% of HelpDesk tickets are completed within 48 hours, with 40% complete remotely
- Work with and report to APO on campus technology requests.
- Communicate with all clients within 24 hours about repairs
90% customer satisfaction on Zendesk tickets ( S urveys)
- Partner up with Helpdesk manager on reporting to identify and track goals and trends.
- Complete standard tickets on time and follow up with customers.
- Encourage a Helpdesk creation culture on campus while maintaining great customer service and support.
- Offer technology quotes and solutions for assigned campuses
100% of schools are safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Ensure every ticket completed is bookended with communication with customer
- Educate end users after a job is complete to further knowledge and best practices
- Check back with customer to ensure reliability after service
- Outline and schedule major tasks and milestones to track progress at each site
Proficient rating on Information Security & Data Privacy Rubric by January 1st and through the LDOS
- Coordinate with campus and central office stakeholders to ensure all dependencies are managed to proper execution
- Escalate major and minor risks to relevant actors
- Lead Information Security and Privacy practices at the campuses
- Build a strong security culture at each campus through risk management, education, and deterrence
100% of Campus Operating Projects completed on time based on Campus Playbook
- Practice and share best practice around proper use of technology
- Initiate incidence reporting with campus leadership and HQ personnel to manage all security breaches
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Work with HQ and APOs to develop and communicate plans and statuses on monthly HQ projects including Inventory, cleanups, setups, maintenance, computer pickup and BOY
- Manage time between tasks and projects and collaborate with APOs, Key Stake Holders and Regional Lead Tech.
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results - holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving - able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication - effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement - proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- Experience: Two years of technical support experience
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems
- Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional setting
- Ability to repair computer and technology equipment
What We Offer Compensation:
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $19.53 for 0 years of experienceand$22.47.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com-muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable. To Apply :
Please submit your application online through Jobvite . It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. It is recommended that you include a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in IDEA and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.