For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a statewide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job Description
The Regional Manager, PEIMS and Compliance reports to the Senior Manager, PEIMS and Compliance. The Regional Manager, PEIMS and Compliance is responsible for the collection and auditing of school data for state and federal reporting purposes. The Regional Manager serves as a policy expert on the Texas Education Code (TEC) and Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS) to assess potential risk and ensure compliance. In addition, this role is responsible for participating in regional activities that require compliance review such as academic calendaring, course cataloguing, attendance monitoring, master scheduling, and special populations coding.
- Works with functional area leaders to implement and support processes that result in timely reporting and accurate data submissions.
- Builds collaborative relationships with departments, faculty, school leaders, and other key stakeholders.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the Texas Education Code and Texas Education Data Standards.
- Ensures timely collection and submission of required federal and state reports including: PEIMS, ECDS, CRDC, FSP, Fitnessgram.
- Recommends guidelines for key processes including registration, scheduling, attendance, demographic and special populations coding to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Documents and distributes regional data collection calendars, requirements, policies and procedures to stakeholders across the organization.
- Identifies potential process improvements to capture information, resolve data errors, prevent recurrence of problems, and minimize risk.
- Maintains regional student data and records in compliance with FERPA and other established privacy guidelines.
- Adheres to compliance standards, metrics, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Evaluates and interprets requirements of state and federal regulations to recommend new workflows and procedures. Maintains tight alignment with the SIS team to ensure system configuration includes key workflows, integrations, and regulatory requirements.
- Resolves regional data integrity issues, service requests and submission errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Delivers training and workflow documentation to school-based staff responsible for supporting data collection with a strong focus on high quality customer service and satisfaction.
- Supports KTX Finance, Operations and Student Support Services leaders by providing requested regional student demographic data for federal ESSA grant submissions and other operational reports such as SPI, Transportation, and Child Nutrition.
- Provides progress reporting for all assigned projects including estimates, risk analysis,
- Ability to engage key stakeholders and present critical information.
- Strong organizational and management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and assignments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally; including, the ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to perform effectively in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Experience interpreting TEA regulatory requirements and data standards and making recommendations for improvements.
- Skilled in data error identification and resolution.
- Ability to produce clear written materials.
- Team oriented mind-set.
- Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail.
- Alignment with KIPP Texas's mission and core values.
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of professional experience with TSDS/PEIMS or a similar role with at least 1 year of recent experience as a Manager.
- Experience working with software platforms in a school district, non-profit or government agency is a plus. Experience with Skyward (Qmlativ) platform preferred.
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.