KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionDuties and Essential Job Functions:
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assists with the registration, enrollment, withdrawal, and transfer of students and process applicable records.
- Audits the accuracy and thorough completion of student registration data.
- Verifies that student information is entered into the district student information system.
- Communicates with campus PEIMS Specialists, administrators and special program coordinators to identify and correct missing or incorrect information in physical and electronic student data files.
- Stays current with changes in Texas Education Agency governing documents pertaining to the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS).
- Trains campus level teams on attendance process and works to maintain state-wide compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Identifies data anomalies that may be caused by data errors or incorrect coding.
- Coordinates grading processes and verification and correction of grades across the state.
- Supports Specialists and school leadership teams with campus and student scheduling.
- Audits to ensure that transfer grades and GPAs are calculated correctly and reflected appropriately in the student information system.
- Performs other related job duties and training as assigned.
- Strong sense of urgency and accuracy in carrying-out job responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to identify implied tasks when supporting in daily operations.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize for results.
- Ability to identify and correct data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding.
- Must be able to work in an open area office environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required. Ability to use intermediate functions is preferred.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent. Four-year college degree is preferred.
Additional Information Location
- Three years of experience with the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) and Skyward software system are preferred.
- Spanish language competency is strongly preferred.
- Three years of experience as a middle or high school registrar or district position associated with the collection and data entry into a student information system are preferred.
Any KIPP Texas Region (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio)Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc. Funding:
The Specialist, State Student Data will be funded directly from the Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (ESSER II) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ESSER III). This position will be funded solely (100%) from the ESSER II and III allocation for administrative expenses through September 30, 2023, and may continue to be funded through September 30, 2024, depending upon the availability of ESSER grant funds. At the end of the grant period this position may be eliminated unless other sources of funds are secured to maintain this position or a similar position. The employee must sign this job description acknowledging receipt of the job description and signing their acknowledgement that this position is grant funded and is temporarily aligning with the terms of the grant period.