KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionDuties and Essential Job Functions:
The Senior Director, ESSER Program Management of KIPP Texas Public Schools is responsible for ensuring grant goals and milestones are met, all grant reports are prepared and submitted on time, and all grant activity complies with federal regulations. The Senior Director, ESSER Program Management will partner with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in executing grant activities. The Senior Director, ESSER Program Management will also assist the team by supporting fundraising and donor cultivation events and providing support when needed. This role furthers the mission of KIPP Texas Public Schools by helping seek financial donations that provide funding to offset KIPP's annual operating budget and position KIPP Texas Public Schools for future growth.
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Serve as a senior level and sole project leader for ESSER grant.
- Organization wide liaison for ESSER grant reporting up to the executive team.
- Prepare and submit high-quality grant reports, on-time, without error in conjunction with compliance team members.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, define scope of the project, bring cross-functional teams together in addition to estimations, specifications, flowcharts, and presentations.
- Manage/maintain and follow budget guidelines, negotiate service contracts, report on progress, and/or authorizes expenditures.
- Creates and executes, with senior executives, a vision to align organizational strategic planning across all departments; include cross-departmental collaborative opportunities within multi-year strategic initiatives
- Work with all stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary resources.
- Cultivate a culture across departments that use data to inform the success of grant initiatives while also leveraging past data to inform future decisions.
- Provide guidance and manage stakeholder relationships and workloads, ensuring that requirements are met within deadlines
- Conduct in partnership with the Strategy Team regular grant reviews and communicate the status of projects throughout the project lifecycle to all team members in both a formal and informal setting to identify critical next steps/new strategies and resolve issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables.
- Hold the team accountable to grant goals through active monitoring, probing questions, and facilitating decision-making, as needed.
- Works in partnership with other ESSER compliance team members to ensure departments follow internal and external rules, regulations, and standards. Oversees inspections and/or reviews and provides the appropriate personnel has the proper credentials, licensing, and resourcing as needed.
- Performs other related job duties and training as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of the program management cycle design, monitoring and evaluation
- Proven ability to present clear and compelling communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to run projects, meetings, and presentations that are critical to success
- Proven ability to develop, create and implement project controls
- Proven ability to complete projects on time without deficiencies or defect
- Proven leadership, team building, and problem-solving skills that are acknowledged by peers and industry professionals in areas of responsibility
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work as a member of a high-performing team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and particularly Excel)
- Ability to understand and create budgets
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is necessary
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills are necessary
- High proficiency using computers, printers, copy machines, and fax machines
- Ability to creatively and effectively express KIPP's mission and purpose
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree required from an accredited institution
- Proven track record of progressively responsible strategic planning, administration, supervision, project management, and change management in education, or experience in a related field.
- Experience in grant writing, reporting, consulting, change management and fiscal management of large scale grants.
Additional Information Location
- Master's degree in organizational leadership and or effectiveness
- Experience in K-12 education
- Experience at KIPP or other Charter Management Organization (CMO), highly preferred
Any KIPP Texas Region (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio)Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc. Funding:
The Senior Director, ESSER Program Management will be funded directly from the Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (ESSER II) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ESSER III). This position will be funded solely (100%) from the ESSER II and III allocation for Administrative expenses through September 30, 2023, and may continue to be funded through September 30, 2024, depending upon the availability of ESSER grant funds. At the end of the grant period this position may be eliminated unless other sources of funds are secured to maintain this position or a similar position. The employee must sign this job description acknowledging receipt of the job description and signing their acknowledgement that this position is grant funded and is temporarily aligning with the terms of the grant period.