KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The Receptionist is a campus based position that offers a welcoming face to all visitors and families at our school. The receptionist is responsible for delivering superior customer service to parents, families, and students by warmly greeting all visitors and directing them to the appropriate place or person. The Receptionist will coordinate office phone calls, visitor screening, routine office tasks, manage transportation changes and request for families, and support other events for families and students. The Receptionist serves as a key member of the school's Front Office Team, ensures that the school's operations meet high standards of operational excellence, and families are offered outstanding customer service.Key Responsibilities
QualificationsSkills and Qualifications:
- Welcome and help all visitors in a warm and inviting manner
- Check in all visitors using the verification process and Raptorware application; ensure all guest have a visitor's badge and are directed to their destination
- Keep detailed and accurate records of visitors entering the building
- Answer phone calls, check voicemail, take messages, emailing or forwarding to the appropriate faculty member
- Sign students in and out, keeping a detailed log
- Manage the package and mail pick up and delivery system; sort mail and packages, communicating to the appropriate faculty member they have mail
- Assist parents with lottery and enrollment questions
- Maintain the general office filing system
- Maintain a neat and organized reception area
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Bilingual; English & Spanish required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Secretarial experience recommended; job-related experience (Preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel; Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.