Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About Houston
Houston is known for being one of the most diverse cities in America, yet children of color and children living in poverty continue to lack access to the highest quality schools. We are the fourth largest city, with more than 51 independent public-school districts and the home base for two fantastic public charter school operators, YES Prep and KIPP Texas-Houston.
Houston's reputation is based on economic opportunity and affordable living with a massive sprawl that exceeds the size of New Hampshire. Despite the presence of great public charter schools and a strong district magnet schools' system, the need for more great schools is ever present. IDEA Greater Houston will help solve the challenge to offer more children a choice-filled life through a transformational public education.
Role Mission: IDEA iLearning Hotspot Facilitators instructs students ranging from grades 1st-7th with the specific goal to increase student achievement in mathematics. The iLearning facilitators set ambitious goals for student math achievement and invest students, families, and staff in reaching them. ILearning facilitators are tasked with creating a powerful and inviting learning environment, tracking student progress toward goals and conducting daily analysis data to intervene with struggling students. Our iLearning facilitators seek excellence as educators and as IDEA team members. Together, they are responsible for ensuring that every IDEA student masters the academic and social skills necessary to succeed in college, while also embodying IDEA's core values every day.
What You'll Do -- Accountabilities
Culture & Student Management
• Motivate students to participate in learning activities in the various math software
• Continuously improve execution of student procedures to maximize learning time
• Frequently speak to students regarding their progress toward goals and current data
• Consistently monitor students usage of math notebooks
• Create a positive learning environment in line with IDEA culture
Technology & Data Management
• Actively "coach" students on all computer programs and ensure that the educational math software used in the Hotspots are meeting the needs of all students
• Maintain all computer equipment and ensure that problems are reported promptly to campus tech
• Interpret and manage online student data generated by the multiple educational math software
• Use data to track students' progress toward goals
• Proactively identify and solve problems that impede the maximization of student learning
• Communicate and collaborate with Math teachers and school administrators about student progress
• Actively participate in staff development opportunities as a member of the IDEA team
• Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
• Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
• Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
• Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
• Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
• Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
• We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
What You Bring -- Competencies
• Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution required
o Experience in a classroom or volunteer setting
o Strong computer and technology skills, including an ability to troubleshoot.
o Ability to interpret, manage, and utilize multiple sets of data efficiently in order to best support students' progress in math software
• Licenses or Certifications: None required
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to analyze and interpret student progress data daily and submit reports to all campus teachers and manager weekly
• Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
• Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
What We Offer
• Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $15.80 for 0 years of experience and $21.78.
• Hourly co-teachers earnings are paid out over a 12-month period
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com-muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.