KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionAbout the Opportunity:
The State Registrar is responsible for supporting all KIPP TX high schools in ensuring transcript accuracy and in maintaining and sending accurate transcripts. As a member of the Academics team, the state registrar maintains accurate student records by identifying data errors, and develops systems to ensure 100% accountability of all Public Education Information management System (PEIMS) required data and student records. As the state registrar, they also lean in intensively to support campus-based registrars in refining their processes and in ensuring accuracy of transcripts.Duties and Essential Job Functions:
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organizing and managing the transcript audit process across schools;
- Overseeing state-wide processes for credit recovery and for international students;
- Developing and supporting school-based registrars;
- Creating systems for following up on errors in transcripts
- Oversees the credit recovery process on the transcript side across all high schools in KIPP TX.
- Manages changes to transcripts outside of the grade change window.
- Assists with the registration, enrollment, withdrawal, and transfer of students and process applicable records as needed.
- As needed, supports schools across KIPP TX with low enrollment in student recruitment activities including calling parents of potential new students for registration in the spring and to fill seats throughout the school year.
- Supports schools across KIPP TX with answering questions about transfer credits or international transcripts.
- As needed, supports schools across KIPP TX with entering all campus student information into the district student information system.
- As needed, communicates with campus administrators and special program coordinators across KIPP TX to identify and correct missing or incorrect information in physical and electronic student data files that emerge during transcript audits.
- Stays current with changes in Texas Education Agency governing documents pertaining to the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS), high school graduation requirements, and high school testing requirements.
- Identifies data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding across KIPP TX.
- Coordinates grading processes, particularly submitting and completing grade change forms.
- As needed, assists principal and counselors with campus and student scheduling.
- Maintains all digital course records and teacher/administrative access to online gradebook.
- Process and transmit requests for student information, including verification of enrollment and transcripts for colleges and universities.
- Maintains student transcripts.
- Ensures that transfer grades and GPAs are calculated correctly and reflected appropriately in the student information system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Strong sense of urgency and accuracy in carrying-out job responsibilities.
- Ability to identify implied tasks when assisting in daily campus operations.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize for results.
- Ability to identify and correct data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding.
- Must be able to work in an open area office environment.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required. Ability to use intermediate functions is preferred.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma, required
- Three years of experience as a middle or high school registrar or district position associated with the collection and data entry into a student information system are preferred
- Three years of experience with the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) and Skyward software system are preferred
- Four-year college degree is preferred
Any KIPP Texas region (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio)Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.Funding:
The State Registrar will be funded directly from the Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (ESSER II) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ESSER III). This position will be funded solely (100%) from the ESSER II and III allocation for direct expenses through September 30, 2023, and may continue to be funded through September 30, 2024, depending upon the availability of ESSER grant funds. At the end of the grant period this position may be eliminated unless other sources of funds are secured to maintain this position or a similar position. The employee must sign this job description acknowledging receipt of the job description and signing their acknowledgement that this position is grant funded and is temporarily aligning with the terms of the grant period.