KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The Analyst, IT Security reports to the KTX Director, IT Security. The KTX Analyst, IT Security is responsible for providing operational and technical support for the organization's Information Technology Security function and to ensure the security, integrity and resiliency of KIPP Texas' computing environment against potential internal and external cybersecurity threats.Key Responsibilities
- Provides technical security support by identifying, responding, investigating and resolving security related incidents, events and issues.
- Acts as the primary security escalation point for all Information Technology personnel.
- Performs continuous security monitoring of all systems, services and integrations to rapidly identify potential security issues and initiate actions to mitigate.
- Performs internal security audits of systems, services and processes and makes security improvement recommendations based on findings.
- Reviews infrastructure, application and endpoint related software updates, patches and upgrades to identify security gaps and vulnerabilities.
- Manages software lifecycles to ensure updated and ongoing security support for operating systems (OSs), applications, services, protocols, etc.
- Collaborates with Infrastructure Team to provide security related support for CIPA compliant content filtering, identity management and malware/antiviral protections.
- Develops, maintains and secures documentation for IT security systems, services and processes.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging security technologies, threats and best practices and proposes and recommends changes and improvements to reduce cybersecurity risks.
- Assembles standard and ad-hoc security reports, performs analysis and formats results to assist efficient and effective security related decisioning.
- Supports activities to promote cybersecurity awareness across KIPP Texas.
- Adheres to IT Security standards and maintains a high level of performance against security Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics; updates and maintains supporting IT Security documentation.
- Keeps IT leadership informed of IT Security systems and services statuses and provides immediate notifications of deviations or breeches.
- Implements approved security improvement plans resulting from incident investigations, reports and root cause analyses.
- Reviews technical security advisories from key systems and services providers for applicability and risk; recommends actions as appropriate.
- Provides security focused perspective to projects and initiatives development and implementation.
- Develops cybersecurity awareness content and end user related security training material.
- Highly skilled at technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills with a detail oriented mindset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a collaborative cross functional environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing device and end user security with Microsoft Active Directory (AD).
- Experience managing device and end user security with Google G Suite administration.
- Experience managing enterprise content filtering (i.e. Lightspeed Systems).
- Experience managing enterprise antivirus/malware and anti-phishing protections (i.e. Sophos)
- Experience managing internal network security for Cisco and Hewlett Packard (HP) Aruba switches and routers.
- Experience managing network perimeter security with Fortinet firewalls and appliances.
- Experience managing wireless network security with Cisco and HP Aruba wireless controllers and access points (WAPs).
- Experience with cloud services security is a plus.
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Bachelor's degree (or 5+ years of relevant work experience) in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of professional experience in an IT Security role.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required.
- Alignment with KIPP Texas' mission and core values.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is a plus.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification is a plus.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is a plus.
- Experience working in a school district, CMO, non-profit or government agency is a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.