KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
KIPP Texas is seeking a smart, motivated Customer Success Manager who will develop strong systems for organization and provide support for all customers of the Finance Team. The Customer Success Manager will play an integral part in creating a warm office environment and ensuring our team has the resources to meet our top goal of providing excellent customer service. The successful candidate will work directly with the Finance Team's customers/stakeholders which include all department budget owners and school leaders.
We also celebrate diversity, understanding the big picture, and always operate with a focus on what is best for our Big & Little KIPPsters. The Customer Success Manager must be able to work in-person 3 days a week at our Houston regional office.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting and Finance.Key Responsibilities
QualificationsSkills and CharacteristicsSuperb Organization and Documentation
- Provide customer solutions for our stakeholders which will vary depending on the issue at hand
- Research and scope out new platforms for our organizational needs
- Identify trends and solutions to most frequently asked questions from our stakeholders
- Provide trainings and resources for our stakeholders
- Attend and facilitate our weekly finance office hours
- Support with vendor onboarding process on an as needed basis
- Assist with Finance Team needs across all KIPP Texas offices-HOU, AUS, DFW, and SAN
- As needed, support long term planning for the department
- Coordinate logistics for virtual and in-person meetings including scheduling, meal delivery, preparing materials, etc.
- Perform onboarding and offboarding tasks for all Finance Team members
- Work closely with facilities to solve maintenance and workspace challenges
- Manage all physical workspaces including offices, conference rooms, and the break room
- Maintain all office and team supplies
- Monitor, reserve, prepare, and maintain Finance workspaces across all KIPP Texas cities
- Coordinate pick up and delivery of team mail and packages
- Provide assistance for all team travel arrangements
- Maintain department calendars (e.g. birthdays, holidays, professional development)
- Build strong relationships with each member of the Finance Team
- Build strong relationships with our stakeholders across all KIPP Texas regions
- Revamp and maintain the KTX Finance website
- Must be able to volunteer at schools including Shadow a KIPPster day and semi-annual cookouts in regions
- Must be able to attend semi-annual retreats which will involve overnight stays
- Strong penchant for organization
- Operate with a customer service mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create processes and document those processes to hand off to other colleagues
Experience planning and executing multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating:
Team & Culture
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Flexibility, including the ability to adjust to requirements in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to interpret and articulate the needs of staff and team members
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits
- Mission Alignment | Strong integrity and deep belief in KIPP's mission, values, and our vision for diversity, equity and inclusion; commitment for the students we educate
- Ownership of Team Culture | A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture where we are a Team & Family and see people first
- Growth Mindset / Self Starter | Continuous learner, team player, and self-starter; values a culture of giving and receiving feedback
- Project Management | Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, leading multiple requests at a time, and able to deliver in the time frame needed; ability to execute on projects with little guidance and find solutions
As a full-time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, life insurance, and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.