KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy,
and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionKEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
KIPP Texas Leadership Competencies:Student Focus:
- Set ambitious school-wide vision and goals, aligned with the KIPP region, that lead students on a path to and through college
- Plan and prioritize time and resources to achieve annual goals
- Cultivate a diverse, high-potential school leadership pipeline (from teacher leader to Assistant School Leader to successor) and develop leadership team members by teaching and insisting that they are true owners of the work and coaching and designing stretch activities
- Model expectations for leaders, teachers, and students on school-wide practices for a positive learning culture
- Develop systems and structures to hire and retain diverse, highly-effective staff
- Build own and school staff's knowledge and expertise in effective instructional design and academic standards
- Develop teachers' conceptual understanding of what students must know and be able to do and what instructional methods drive student mastery
- Develop knowledge of how standards map to curriculum and assessment
- Develop teachers to provide rigorous and high-quality instruction
- Lead analysis of, and develop teachers' ability to analyze, student data to identify strategies that will move students toward mastery
- Regularly observe and coach instructional leaders to ensure they are providing high-impact, actionable and bite-sized feedback to teachers on a weekly basis
- Ensure teachers can collaborate, analyze their practice and their student data, and adjust instruction in content teams
- Lead whole-school professional development workshops that drive highest-impact improvements in teacher practice
- Cultivate School Leader's own success and sustainability by engaging lifelines and renewing to get stronger
Belief that all students, regardless of background, have the ability to develop the skills and confidence to pursue the path they choose - college, career, and beyond; demonstrated commitment to the school's unique communityDirection Setting:
\nAbility to set direction for a team and motivate others to actionAchievement Orientation and Performance Management:
\nDemonstrated student achievement results in own classroom and from teachers that s/he managesEquity-Centered Leadership:
\nDemonstrated ability to create inclusive environments that honor and support a diversity of backgrounds and perspectivesInstructional Leadership:
\nAdept at data analysis; ability to extract meaningful insights across school-wide data
Expertise in what the school-wide academic standards and state assessments require of students' knowledge and skills to demonstrate mastery; able to translate student mastery requirements into instructional plans and strategies. Deep understanding of appropriate application and differentiation of high-leverage instructional strategies based on comprehension of child/adolescent development and pedagogyRelationship Building:
\nExpertise in cultivating relationships and managing a diverse group of stakeholdersAchievement Orientation:
\nDemonstrated resilience and focus on student outcomesQualifications
- Master's degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university highly preferred
- Five years of administrative/supervisory experience, classroom leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to lead people and get results through work with others.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a willingness to be flexible when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating strong prioritization, organization and follow-up skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products, internet and industry specific software programs
- Experience using data analysis to facilitate and support decision making
- Demonstration of effective teaching and learning practices
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, human relations, and stress and conflict management skills
- Excellent planning, goal setting, coordinating, problem analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead change initiatives and embrace innovation
- Enthusiasm to engage parents and community
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise.
As a full time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as life insurance and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.