STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator. DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Dean of Students, you will:
Build a positive student culture in which they feel seen, valued, and heard.
Execute a strong school culture system under the direction of the Assistant Principal of Culture.
Lead restorative justice conversations with teachers, and students in order to repair relationships and find the root cause of an issue
Coach teams of instructors on positive culture building, classroom management, observations, and leading attendance committee meetings
Point of contact for family interactions in regards to attendance, behavior, interventions, restorative approaches and supports for student success.
Process events with students and help them regulate after an emotional escalation.Position Salary
The salary for this position is 55,000 TO 64,000 based on years of teaching in K12 and level of education.SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Execute school-wide culture systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit input and share student social and academic progress, while empowering teachers to do the same.
- Design and implement student events, and parental and community engagement opportunities.
- Manage campus culture, and discipline systems Support intervention plans and restorative approaches to support students with social and emotional needs.
- Run during and after school student reflection times Serve on the Multi-Tiered System of Supports team,
- Meet regularly with the Culture Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with school leaders to design and implement excellent professional development.
- Ensure that students are safe and maximize learning time by upholding school-wide behavioral and academic expectations.
- Provide daily leadership during community gatherings that set the tone for academic programs.
- Serve as a key member of the campus-based Leadership Team.
- Required to participate in CPI/NCI De-Escalation training.
- Assist with student recruitment.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep's Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in Valor Compass Training
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings.
- Attend external restorative practices trainings as needed
Benefits - TOTAL REWARDS
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Fluent Spanish speaker 2+ years of experience in a K-12 position (teacher, registered behavior technician, mental health provider, or other related role)
- Strong ability to build relationships with scholars and support them in meeting high expectations
- A commitment to the social emotional well-being of all scholars and the culture of the school.
- PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years experience as a teacher, registered behavior technician, mental health provider, or other related role
- Experience working with MLL and Emergent Bilinguals
- Experience with trauma informed practices and restorative practices
- Demonstrated success working with historically marginalized communities in any setting
- Bilingual and able to communicate effectively with students and families in English and Spanish
- Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on the hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support the internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well-Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That's why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30-minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here! EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.