STRIVE Prep is a community of public charter schools that challenges each of our scholars to learn to change the world. Our network was founded nearly 15 years ago with the belief that students from all backgrounds deserve a college preparatory education regardless of race, economic circumstance, or previous academic achievement. At STRIVE, we are committed to achievement, justice, and perseverance. STRIVE Prep operates 10 schools spanning throughout Far Northeast, Northwest, and Southeast Denver. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for a look at life at STRIVE!
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator. Position Salary
The salary for this position is 50,000 TO 60,000 based on years of teaching in K12 and level of education.SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- THE CHALLENGE
- Do you want to play an integral role in a best-in-class school culture focused on completing graduation requirements on time and positioning students for success in post-secondary education?
- OVERVIEW OF ROLE
- Work alongside the campus college access teams to increase the number of students matriculating to college. Ensure students have access to understanding the connection between education and college and career opportunities. Support with achieving STRIVE's college going culture and mission. This role will have a focus on Edgenuity.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support with creating student schedules that are aligned to graduation requirements
- Support with Concurrent Enrollment placement and registration
- Support with managing schedule request process and schedule changes
- College Access
- Work in collaboration with Directors of College Access to provide resources to schools and Alumni Support team to provide career-connected education opportunities appropriate for different ages and grade levels.
- Track scholar applications and oversee the internship process of programs specific to STRIVE's internship program.
- Support the planning of family and student events that support college access.
- Work directly with families and students via phone and in person meetings to support all students in accessing college.
- Streamline information-sharing to scholars about career exploration and development opportunities.
- Support with state testing, Accuplacer, and Clep testing
- On Track to Graduate:
- Track student progress toward graduation requirements.
- Facilitates 1:1 academic advising/consulting with students to review and remediate progress toward graduation
- Support students and other STRIVE administrators in producing and distributing current transcripts, including uploads into web-based college readiness platforms.
- Additional Duties
- Support with ensuring that student records are complete and conform to state standards and procedures, protecting confidentiality of student information.
- Support with school events such as back to school night, welcome events, and parent teacher conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits - TOTAL REWARDS
- THE MUST HAVES
- Comfort and grace working in fast-paced school environments
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Ability to meaningfully engage and empathize with scholars and families on matters of schedules, credits earned, and progress toward graduation.
- Desire, commitment and ability to build community partnerships
- Organization and management of internal and external partners
- Research, program development and assessment skills; career counseling/advising capabilities;
- Proficiency with general office technologies including email, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with data management systems.
- Proficient in oral and written communication in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrates capacity to problem-solve, manage logistics, and coordinate details in a fast-paced environment that directly supports a STRIVE Prep campus.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, high-stakes relationship, and engagements simultaneously, with a high degree of personal accountability and professionalism.
- Is passionate about educational equity and dedicated to academic success for all students.
- Is committed to constant growth and reflection through regular coaching and professional development.
- Proficient in the use of basic business software and Google Suite
- Bachelor's degree
- NICE TO HAVES (NOT REQUIRED)
- Fluent in oral and written English and Spanish
- Proficient use of student information systems including Infinite Campus and advanced spreadsheet skills
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of student file requirements, policies, and procedures, campus course/activity schedules, and matriculation and graduation requirements.
- Our benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement through PERA
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30-minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here! EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.