At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.Position Summary
The Athletics Coach is an hourly role for educators who want to specialize in physical education. Our ECCs work with students from various grades throughout the day.Essential Functions:
- Motivate students to participate in learning activities; create a positive student culture; maintain high behavioral expectations for all students
- Follow network guidelines for curriculum (scope and sequence maps, unit plans, lesson plans) and adapt when necessary to meet the needs of your students
- Differentiates content by age-group and/or grade-level to ensure that activities are developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate with school staff to develop a positive culture focused on Rocketship's core values (respect, responsibility, persistence, empathy)
- Serve as the leader and facilitate large group lessons on the topics indicated above
- Communicate and collaborate with fellow ECCs, teachers, and school leaders; participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the Rocketship team
- Ensure that students have access to a positive and productive learning environment by enforcing all campus safety rules and behavior expectations; respond to occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue and/or occasional interactions with children who require additional support with behavior
- Inventory and maintain Enrichment Center materials and accessories
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor (arrival/dismissal support, lunch and recess duties)
- Passion for working with children; ability to motivate and support children in reaching high levels of academic success
- At least 2 years of college required
- Belief in the value of enrichment education for all children
- Previous experience or training working with youth
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
- Content expertise preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Public Schools
- Fluency in English
$19.50 - $23.50 an hourCOVID-19:
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: email@example.com. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.