At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential and it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.The Position
The Senior Associate of Extending Learning will work under the direction and supervision of the school site Associate Director of Extended Learning. This position is responsible for facilities, staff development, and student culture of the extended learning program at the school sites they support. The hours for this position are 10:30 am-6:30 pm and it is a year-round role. This role will work on-site at Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary (788 Locust St, San Jose, CA 95110) and Rocketship Alma Academy (198 W Alma Ave, San Jose, CA 95110).Essential Functions:
- Implement all site rules and safety regulations within the structure of the Rocketship student culture
- Utilize appropriate disciplinary procedures and techniques in accordance with the school site discipline plan
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training as deemed necessary for the position
- Be a main conduit connecting after-school providers(s) to your campus' protocols, plans, and vision.
- Keep after-school provider(s) up-to-date with any of the school's professional development training, safety drills, and other resources to help after-school provider(s) align with the school's culture
- Meet with the after-school site director(s) at the beginning of each month to program plan and provide any updates about the after-school program.
- Provide coaching with the AD of Extended Learning to after-school program leaders to ensure they are compliant with all campus safety protocols, policies, and behavior expectations.
- Manage up to 5 after-school program leaders employed by Rocketship
- Own multiple specific administrative responsibilities under the AD's oversight. These will vary by campus but will include several topics such as:
- Serve as the "team leader" for one or more operational systems. This could include responsibilities such as daily oversight, schedule creation, and/or supervision of safety protocols
- Make purchases for any procurement needs
- Create an after-school program culture that is an extension of the standard Rocketship school day
- Partner with the BOM to design new processes and procedures to align standard day and aftercare operational procedures
- Help the AD design and present professional development
- Participate in Rocketship's Ops Rising Leader Program to support development and onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned
- Intermediate skills with Google Suite and email correspondence
- Commitment to Rocketship's mission, vision, and goals
- Passion for working with children
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices, and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Education
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- High school diploma or equivalent required
The salary for this position starts at $70,000. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and wellness benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Human Resources.