Associate Development Manager- Government Portfolio Job Description
The Associate Development Manager- Government Portfolio is a full-time, remote position responsible for a portfolio of development projects including government grants, grant reports and budgets, school management RFPs and strategic initiatives.
This Associate Development Manager- Government Portfolio must be located in the PST/MST time zone.
Entrepreneurial Ventures in Education is a non-profit organization working to improve the educational performance and life opportunities of children who live in underserved communities. Our flagship program, Phalen Leadership Academies, is a school turnaround operator that works to transform underperforming schools into high-quality schools that children need and deserve.
Founded in 2013, PLA is currently serving over 9,000 children across 24 schools. Over 90% of PLA scholars are eligible for free school meals. We have developed a model that has successfully partnered with public schools and districts to raise student achievement, consistently transforming underperforming schools into A-rated schools. Our scholars experience significantly higher academic growth both at the local level and nationwide. Core pillars of the PLA model include rigorous curriculum; a coaching cycle that grows educators; daily enrichment opportunities; and authentic partnership with families.
At PLA, we believe that with the right education, all children can fulfill their tremendous innate potential.
- Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university, preferably in Education or Business- related field.
- 2+ years doing related work, including but not limited to budgeting, professional writing, compliance or business development experience.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and analyze budgets required.
- Demonstrated superior writing, research, project management and organizational skills
- High proficiency with Excel
- Knowledge of productivity software including but not limited to Word, spreadsheets, and web-based applications.
- Must be able to simultaneously execute multiple assignments with quality and follow through on all aspects of the position.
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments preferred.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Capacity to listen to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Dependability, humility, sense of humor, and strong commitment to PLA’s mission and the communities we serve.
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, may include light travel.
- Report to the Government Grants Manager in the planning, coordination, and preparation of state grant applications and budgets, including Title I, Title II, School Improvement Grant, and other state and federal grants.
- Execute with exceptional fidelity PLA’s proven government grant management process.
- Support partner schools with state and federal grant management throughout the year.
- Prepare high quality grant budgets and applications.
- Work across Academics, Finance, Human Resources and School Treasurers to ensure that grant funds are budgeted accurately and aligned with school needs.
- Prepare grant amendments during the school year to ensure that resources are effectively utilized.
- Manage key relationships with State Departments of Education to ensure strong collaboration.
- Provide customer service and reporting to boards and authorizers at key points during the process.
- Research, identify and qualify funding opportunities from government sources.
- Write applications for competitive government grant opportunities.
- Ensure grant budgets are aligned with network’s strategic plan, and in compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the PLA educational program to ensure integrity and quality of applications and budgets.
- Prepare compelling proposals in response to school management opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments and outside agencies to effectively secure and renew state and federal funds.
- Ensure timely submission of projects, amendments, reports, etc.
- Provide technical assistance for key stakeholders as assigned.
- Remain up-to-date on changing laws and requirements.
The Associate Development Manager- Government Portfolio is a remote, home office position. A quiet working environment with high-speed internet is required. Employees supply their own cell phone and computer.
Please note that only candidates capable of working in the US Pacific and Mountain Time Zones are currently considered.