The Associate will be primarily responsible for supporting projects within the College and Career Readiness portfolio and will also contribute to other organizational priorities as needed.
JOB TITLE: Associate, Programs STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Programs HOURS: Full-Time
DATE: March 2021 DEPT: Educate Texas
Educate Texas Vision
All Texas students, especially African-American, Latino or economically disadvantaged students, earn a college degree or credential that leads to a living wage and thriving communities.
Educate Texas Mission
As a trusted change agent, we increase academic achievement and educational equity by leading programs, policy and partnerships.
Educate Texas Values
Equity, Collaboration, Integrity, Impact, Learning
The Associate will be primarily responsible for supporting projects within the College and Career Readiness portfolio and will also contribute to other organizational priorities as needed. The Associate will work on the program team to support the design, delivery and coordination of professional development and technical assistance. The Associate will also play a supporting role in project management, RFP development and vendor management, and program report writing and documentation. This position is in Dallas and the successful candidate must reside locally or be willing to relocate. Candidates must be willing to travel overnight (both in/out of state) up to 25% of the time.
- Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of key activities to achieve programmatic goals and outcomes
- Assist with project management of educational programs and contracts in the CCR portfolio of programs
- Support RFP development and vendor selection activities
- Support the tracking of programmatic activities, progress, and milestones
- Support grant reporting with narrative drafting, budget tracking, and data collection and presentation
- and internal and external communications using programmatic data and analysis
- Engage with other parts of the organization (communications, development, policy, insights, finance) to ensure coordination of support functions
- Engage and actively participate in organizational/program team strategy meetings
- Prepare and present key findings to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and support programmatic conferences and events under the direction of supervisors
- Provide project management and support for day-to-day operations
- Support implementation of long-term strategy
- Assist in budget management and development of communication pieces
- Support preparation of project proposals reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public policy, business, psychology, or related field
- 3+ years of education-related experience or 5+ years of experience in a related but non-education focused field
- Experience with contract and/or vendor management and grant management
- Candidates must possess a deep understanding of the challenges and barriers faced by marginalized communities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, class, ability, immigration status, and gender, and experience engaging with and working alongside communities of color
Skills & Requirements
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving deadline oriented environment
- Ability to communicate program findings
- Strong written, presentation and verbal skills, including experience with executive level audiences
- Ability to work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Texas’ public education environment preferred
- Valid state issued driver’s license
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.