Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About Jacksonville
Jacksonville is a large city in northeastern Florida, where the St. John's River meets the Atlantic Ocean. The Jacksonville metropolitan area has a population of more than 1.5 million and is the fourth largest city in Florida. The region offers locals a laid-back lifestyle, with swimming and surfing at nearby barrier island beaches, camping and hiking in state recreation areas, and opportunities to attend professional sporting events such as the Jaguars NFL games or the PGA Players Championship in nearby Ponte Vedra.
According to U.S. News & World Report, the cost of living is slightly lower than the national average with rent at $1,019 per month and home rates at $174,658. Role Mission:
The mission for the Year 0 Student Information Systems (SIS) Coordinator
is to collect 100% of applications by Lottery and achieve 100% Projected Enrollment while onboarding 100% of new families and maintaining 100% data accuracy of student records. The SIS Coordinator executes campus operation processes that bind to our student information system (PowerSchool).Accountabilities
100% of Applications collected by lottery (3:1 ratio for OGL)
- Achieves 100% Projected Enrollment by the first day of school
- Executes student recruitment efforts that target families with school-aged children within the 3-mile radius immediately surrounding their school
- Ensures all new families are effectively on-boarded beginning with Welcome to IDEA and throughout their first year
- Builds relationships with business partners and secures community assets
- Hosts information sessions for interested families and new applicants
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy and College Prep by first day of school (FDOS)
- Paper attendance process solidified 2 weeks prior to school
- Student enrollment reconciliation process solidified 2 weeks prior to school
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
- Complies with all federal and state student registration requirements throughout the enrollment process
90% New Family Persistence (Lottery to FDOS)
- Supports efforts to create an environment where students learn, thrive, and have fun (school culture, praise and recognition, in and out of school events calendar, etc.)
- Monitors and reviews with APO, parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and support
- Onboards new families from the time a parent applies come to IDEA through their first year in our schools
100% of Student Records Received by August 30 th
- All records requests fulfilled within 10 days
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders including the ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, HQ SPED Clerk, and special education teachers
- 25% of cumulative folders completed by September
- 50% completed by October
- 75% completed by November
Campus safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Paper rosters for HR and the official attendance taking period (OATP)
- Enrollment numbers are verified prior to the daily enrollment calls
- If enrollment numbers are not met, a plan is communicated to address the gap
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: at least 2 years' experience with records or student information desired
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $16.96 and $21.20, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.