Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022. Role Mission:
The Employee Information System (EIS) department manages employee data across the life-cycle including recruitment, selection, onboarding, development, recognition, and termination, and actively support achieving IDEA's strategic business objectives. Employee data is an organizational asset and EIS team is one of the main stewards of this data, ensuring accuracy and usability. The EIS team setup new hires and personnel changes across employee data systems and our goal is that 100% of all employees have the technology, access, and tools available by their work start date; have accurate and updated data and process all employee personnel changes on time and accurately. The EIS team manages employee data governance and quality, and the administration, interface, and integration of employee data systems. The EIS team also manages the development, generation, and reporting of staff data submissions for state, federal, and internal people data reporting. The EIS team also develops employee data insights and predictive analytics. The EIS team champions a culture of continuous improvement and data-driven decision making.
The Employee Information Systems (EIS) Administrator is responsible for timely employee setup, for ensuring employee data accuracy in all our employee systems. The EIS Administrator develops staff data analyses, staff data reports for state, federal, and internal requests. The EIS Administrator provides excellent customer service, business partnership, training and support to varied audiences across the organization. The main stakeholders with which the EIS Administrator will interact, partner, and collaborate are School Leaders, Executive/Campus Assistants, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Staffing & Recruiting, Central Leaders, and HR System administrators. The EIS administrator is able to analyze data to identify opportunities including accuracy and trends. He/she will also lead specific projects for their full life-cycle, including facilitation, planning, and execution. EIS systems include but are not limited to staff data, payroll, compensation, benefits, applicant tracking, employee onboarding, absence management, time and attendance, performance, compensation, and succession planning.Accountabilities 100% of new hires and employee changes are set up in our EIS systems by first day of school or first day of professional development.
Ensure 100% staff data accuracy and integrityacross HR systems.
- Process all new hires and employee changes in our various employee data systems by theEISdeadline set for each employee group during the beginning of year hiring season, and within two days of employee onboarding completion duringoff-cyclehiring.
- TheEISAdministrator is responsible for ensuring all employee data is setup and accurate, including, but not limited to, employee demographic, position assignment, pay, time off allocation, retirement, payroll state and federal tax deductions, employee - manager relationship, termination, employee data structure and other organizational data points.
- Document, verify, andsetupallnew hires andstaff changes and collaborate with the Payroll department to ensure accurate and timely payment for assigned regions.
- Develop and maintain organizational, system and process knowledge and skills to effectively manage multiple processes, systems and projects simultaneously. Key areas include pay calculation for all employee groups, IDEA positions and data management.
- Partner with various stakeholders to understand and fully develop requested data and analyses.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training and support for end users ranging from novice to power users and invest them in our systems with theultimate goalof ensuring all employee data is maintained accurately.
Provide excellent customer serviceand business partnership
- Manage employee data accuracy by ensuring that the initialand employee changes setupisaccurate, tracking employee changes across systems, and monitoring ongoing data accuracy.
- Accountable to improve and maintainemployee paydata accuracy and to avoidanypayroll related issues (e.g., over/under payments, timesheet errorsor others).Accountable to maintain a 98% district payroll accuracy.
- Consistently and proactively identify opportunities for improvements in the definition of data accuracy by frequently auditing and looking for trends in employee data.
- Ensure thatemployeedata is accurate and up to date. Manage therosterverification process across multiple departments and employee groups including report generation, communication, follow up, submission and processing of employee changes timely and accurately.
- Develop ongoing operating mechanisms with departments to ensure that employee data is accurate. Verify employee data accuracy and completeness weekly.
- Ensure PEIMS Submissions are made accurately and on time by internal deadlines. Maintain and support PEIMS Submissiondata, proactively setup PEIMS codingfor changes injob classes, locations or regulationsand conduct internal audits to ensure PEIMS information is accuratein our systems.
Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve services
- Provide excellent customer service and business partnership to all stakeholders.Develop strong relationships with stakeholders. Respondto employee requests within two working days and receive a 95% customer satisfaction rating from all stakeholders.
- Understand stakeholder needs and be a proactive partner in order to provide effective support and develop strong relationships with our end users. Workcollaborativelywith departments to identify error/issues.
- Leverage our case management software(Zendesk), to respond to stakeholder requestsand identifytrendsand opportunities to improve services.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to provide proactive support and/or improves team efficiency including communication, training, information, and changes in process and systems.
Live values of IDEA
- Become go-to expert on HR systems and processes including, but not limited to, employee setup, annual employee rollover, annual pay increases, staff development cycle,non-standardpay (stipends, OT, extra duty, substitutes), employee data verification, payroll for multiple employee groups, data reporting, PEIMS, State and Federal submissions and employee data flow across systems.
- Support and occasionally lead efforts to improve system data interface, reduce manual entry of data, increase automation, develop checks and balances, and improve services and customer experience.
- Conduct regular and ongoing data audits and analyses to identify potential issues and develop and implement solutions to address them.
- Effectively plan, and prioritize tasks, projects, and day to day operations while ensuring successful, on-time implementation of new systems and processes.
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- Lead projects (not directly managing but organizing, facilitating a cross-functional group)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong follow up skills, ability to follow tasks through from beginning to completion
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, set priorities and see projects through completion. Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Strong customer service, business partnership, customer service mindset, can-do attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail, ability to think critically.
- Ability to research, analyze, report and make sound judgments and work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Excel and other data tools to analyze data and provide appropriate visualizations and insights
- Ability to work in multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Ability to work extended workdays to support business needs
- Strong project management skills, ability to plan, and implement projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to facilitate/train users across the organization at multiple sites and at varying levels of skill
- High degree of independent judgment, commitment, motivation, and integrity
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders by developing strong relationships
- Ability to remain calm and perform under immense pressure or tight deadlines
- Ability to learn software, application, system, and processes with ease and speed, fast learner
- High flexibility and growth mindset, to prioritize requests from the employees that are closer to our students and families and to develop strong relationships to deliver results
- Ability to work a fast pace, high growth and high expectations environment, where we are constantly assessing changes to improve services, systems, and processes. Ability to work across diverse teams in a high-growth organization
- Maintain strict confidentiality of personnel information.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable
- Two or more years of professional experience, preferably in a role that involved Human Resources Information Systems
- Experience in K-12 education or highly regulated industry, Human Resources, Human Resources Information Systems, Information Technology, Central administration or related (preferred)
- Experience working in a central office supporting multiple sites across several regions with different needs and requirements (Strongly preferred)
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $43,722 and $51,155, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on personal and individual goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.