Position at IDEA Public Schools IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months-our upcoming schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Midland/Odessa (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out this video: About San Antonio:
San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate population of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we are excited to welcome our first graduating seniors out of the 11,800 students we serve across 22 schools in the San Antonio region. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family, college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students graduate college-ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022.Role Mission:
The Lunch Monitor is responsible for ensuring the safety of students during recess and lunch.Accountabilities: Supervision of lunch room and recess
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for students during recess and lunch
- Maintain assigned lunch schedule for all grade levels without delay
- Supervise and assist students through serving line to ensure assigned lunch periods remain on schedule
- Supervise lunch room to maintain orderly conduct
- Supervise students during recess and rotate through the lunch room at scheduled time
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Enjoys working with children
- Manages students in a firm and fair manner
- Strong communication skills with students and staff
- Flexibility to change
- Education: HS diploma
- Experience working with students (preferred)
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.