Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53 ,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
Austin is a vibrant city filled with a rich cultural heritage and is ranked as the #1 Best Place to Live for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report . The city of Austin is the state capital and holds the ranking as the 11 th largest city in the United States. Currently, Austin is home to 1 6 of IDEA's schools and serves nearly 7,8 00 students at campuses in Austin, Kyle, and Pflugerville .
In a city that is a hub for knowledge, IDEA is working to support the community through education, which is the single most effective anti-poverty strategy we possess as a nation. This is why we focus on AP courses for all students, college acceptance, and matriculation. Only 1 in 8 Austin students graduate college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Our goal is to add 16 more schools over the next 4 years, including IDEA's first health professions school, in support of our mission of college for all, positioning us to serve approximately 13,000 students by 2022. Role Mission:
The School Monitor is responsible for ensuring the safety of students by providing supervisory monitoring of students at various times of the days including before/after school and during lunch/recess.Accountabilities:Supervision of Students
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for students
- Monitors students during bus drop off, arrival, and after school.
- Monitors halls during student arrival and during lunch.
- Maintain assigned lunch schedule for all grade levels without delay
- Supervise and assist students through serving line to ensure assigned lunch periods remain on schedule
- Supervise lunchroom to maintain orderly conduct
- Supervise students during recess and rotate through the lunchroom at scheduled time
- Assists with general food needs such as assisting students with opening food containers, discarding food during meals, and general cleanliness of cafeteria.
- Assists and supports student behavior management. Refers and communicates behavioral concerns and inappropriate conduct to appropriate administrative personnel.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Enjoys working with children
- Manages students in a firm and fair manner
- Strong communication skills with students and staff
- Flexibility to change
- Education: HS diploma
- Experience working with students (preferred)
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.