The Section 504 Coordinator is responsible for training staff in the requirements of Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the preparation of compliance documents for students eligible for Section 504 Services. The Section 504 Coordinator ensures district compliance with all state, federal, and district 504 requirements.Qualifications:Education/Certification
- Bachelor's degree and teacher certification
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- At least 3- years teaching experience
- Prefer experience in Section 504 leadership
- Experience with computer-based documentation systems is required
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Knowledge of Section 504 laws as well as local policies and procedures
- Knowledge of instructional materials and technology
- Knowledge of and experience implementing instructional accommodations
- Knowledge of state assessment accommodations
- Ability to interpret data
- Skilled in working with computer platforms, including but not limited to, Google apps, eSped, Word documents and spreadsheets
- Skilled in working in collaborative team-based environments
- Skilled in working with, and presenting, to diverse populations of students, parents, and others
- Exercise good judgment in decision making, especially in difficult circumstances
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, detailed-minded problem solver
- Develop and implement training for school staff in the identification of students eligible for Section 504 services.
- Develop and implement training for school staff in compliant completion of Section 504 documentation.
- Ensures all Section 504 documentation and archived within 72 hours of the meeting
- Assists campus administrator(s) to ensure implementation of Section 504 Accommodations
- Maintains forms, reports, and data requested or required by the Executive Director
- Maintains thorough documentation regarding any parent disagreement/concerns
- Attends relevant professional development.
- Dependable performance, including travel as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrator that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
- Need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions and compliance with legal guideline
- Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances and integrating into different school environments.
- Occasional district-wide travel
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Salary:
Please use the link to find more information on ResponsiveEd Teacher Salary https://responsiveed.com/careers/teacher-salary/
Job Category : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager Employer Description
The ResponsiveEd difference is achievement. Whether a student's goal is college prep or drop-out recovery, getting a life back on track or being sure to get started on the right path to begin with, the people at ResponsiveEd are passionate about helping our students achieve their goals. Study after study and news story after news story tell us there is a pressing need for positive change in Texas education. At ResponsiveEd, we offer answers - and hope.
To provide hope for students through an encouraging, innovative learning environment where they are academically successful and develop into lifetime learners.
The ResponsiveEd community of schools are tuition-free, public charter schools dedicated to helping students of all ages achieve their full potential.
At ResponsiveEd, we're all about options in education. Strongly tied to the communities they serve, the mission of our schools is to provide hope for students through an encouraging, innovative environment where they are academically successful and develop into lifetime learners.
At ResponsiveEd, we believe a proper education includes both personal development and academic achievement. Our goal is to educate the whole student. To this end, we:
+ develop and utilize innovative methodologies and reinforce individualized learning environments
+ practice the belief that every student can learn
+ expect student ownership of the learning process
+ put the student first Learn more about us... Location Description
We work together with parents, students, a dedicated teaching staff, and the community. We have created educational environments which celebrate learning, respect individual differences, build character, and instill life-long core values.
We are fully accredited, open to everyone, and tuition-free. We are academically successful, consistently out-performing other public schools. We are positively and permanently improving public education. " We are Responsive Ed. EOE Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
ResponsiveEd is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Additionally, ResponsiveEd prohibits retaliation against any employee who makes a claim alleging to have experienced discrimination, or any employee who, in good faith, makes a report, serves as a witness, or otherwise participates in an investigation. Contact Information
- Donna Cerra , Director of Recruiting
- 1301 Waters Ridge
- Lewisville, Texas 75057